I thought it would be helpful to create a list of resources that can be quickly referenced when preparing for your exams. I was constantly checking dates and visiting certain websites while I was studying, so here they are!
- American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics & Pedorthotics
- ABC Practitioner Exam Prep: The great group at ABC has a created resource page that provides you with essential knowledge pertaining to their exams. Here you can see sample questions, information about exam scoring, reading lists, and much more.
Tools to Help You Pass
- Quizlet is a great flash card tool that will allow you to easily set up flash cards. Better yet, they will even take the flash cards that you created and turn them into practice exams and learning games based on the content you provide. This really helped to get me going when I didn’t have the motivation to study.
- Brainscape is a flashcard tool that has beautiful application software for your smartphone. It works seamlessly and has features that allow you to rank how well you know a certain card. If you’re having trouble remembering a few answers, no need to worry. Brainscape has a system that has been shown to increase memory recognition by queuing up cards you have trouble learning.
- Mindmeister.com is a great tool I used to help me organize my thoughts. Think of it like bubble map or an outlining tool. This strategy really helped to solidify and classify information with relevant statistics.
O&P Online References
- GetBodySmart provides a great detailed look into the major nerve branches. If you are a visual learner like I am, this site is for you! Learn or brush up on the virtual diagrams and you will be another step ahead to passing your board exams. Trying to memorize and visualize the main parts of the nervous system can be difficult. This site helped me out a ton and its free.
- YouTube This one is obvious but I spent hours on youtube analyzing gait videos. You already know how to find them and soon it will be even easier. Keep checking this site for a compilation of videos that will help you learn everything from gait deviations to prosthetic UE harnessing.
- University of Oklahoma provides a great way to simplify all the phase of gait. Thanks to their health department and a great Physical therapist (Dave Thompson) have created a site that uses stick figures to demonstrate each individual gait phase. Definitely worth checkin out.
- AAOP provides great and very trust worthy articles. If you are trying to find more information about a certain topic this site may have the solution. After you are certified it continues to provide great service by allowing you to obtain continuing education credits.